Spring Break Zoo Madness
Since all the kiddies were out of school on spring break, I thought, why not visit the zoo? Oregon Zoo’s Spring Break Party runs through April 2nd. The zoo schedule brings you lions, penguins, polar bears, ocelots and elephants.
Tips You Should Know:
- Parking is atrocious (and costs $2). Yes, you can park further away and use the shuttle, but the MAX is so convenient; just take the Washington Park exit and elevator up.
- The parking shuttle (if you use it) and the zoo are not stroller or wheelchair friendly.
- Another benefit of riding the MAX: you get a $1.50 off admission at the gate.
- Children aged two and under are admitted free of charge.
- On the second Tuesday of every month you can visit the zoo for the discounted price of $2 per person; better than the usual $10.50 per adult and $7.50 per youth, right?
- Portland Perks has a 20% off admission coupon.
- Kids love ZooKeys. They cost $2.50 and you can use the same one each time you visit. Listen to zoo facts in English or Spanish.
- And, as always: wear good walking shoes, dress in layers, and bring water and snacks.