If you’ve been present this week, you know that it’s been raining. Like, soak your sneakers and turn your umbrella inside out –if you actually carry one– kind of rain. Don’t be discouraged, my fair-weather friend. I will share with you a quick list of what I will be partaking in this week.
- Tulip fest – You don’t need to wait for April showers or May flowers to enjoy tulips and other bulbed carnations right now. Runs through April 25th. From Portland, I recommend cutting through Canby instead of Woodburn.
- Drink coffee. Some quick recommendations: Rimskys, Cacao, Caffe Pallino, Cellar Door Coffee, Albina Press, Extracto, World Cup Coffee & Tea, etc.
- Go to OMSI, especially After Dark, when it’s adults only.
- Browse and read at Powells or the library.
- I prefer a dank pub on a rainy day for my beer drinking. Some quick ideas: Thirsty Lion Pub, Basement Pub, Chapel Pub, etc.
- If you’re dragging your feet, browsing the internet, read a fun Oregon blog. Find a new one on ignOregon or Oregon Blogs. A few I read are: Jack Bog, PDX Experience, On A Road, Get Rich Slowly, Blue Oregon, and Utterly Boring.
There is tons more to do. Feel free to add your suggestions in the comments. And remember: Keep your socks dry!